Providing Individuals and Businesses With a Georgia Bankruptcy Overview
For most people, few things are more frightening than falling behind on their payments. Some people worry about getting kicked out of their homes. Other people are frustrated by bill collectors threatening with garnishments, levies or repossessions.
Business owners that are struggling with debt often have similar concerns. Often, individuals have invested so much of their own money that they are afraid of what will happen if the business files bankruptcy.
If you are thinking about filing bankruptcy, it is important to work with an experienced Augusta Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy attorney. Our firm — James T. Wilson Jr., P.C. — has more than 40 years of experience helping individuals and businesses find debt relief through the bankruptcy process. We are committed to helping our clients understand every aspect of the bankruptcy, including:
- Should I consider bankruptcy?: We help clients look at a variety of factors — including divorce, loss of income and creditor harassment — to determine if bankruptcy is the right solution for their situations.
- Life and credit after bankruptcy: Bankruptcy can be one of the fastest ways to rebuild your credit if you are struggling to make ends meet. Contrary to popular belief, it will not ruin your credit.
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies: Numerous factors, including your income, equity and ability to repay creditors, are taken into account to determine which type of bankruptcy is right for your situation. We can help you find that match.
- Business bankruptcy | Chapter 11: We help businesses that have cash flow issues use Chapter 11 bankruptcy to eliminate business debt.
- Stop creditor harassment and garnishments: When you file for bankruptcy, all collections activities must stop immediately.
- Stop foreclosure and repossession: If you are behind on your mortgage payments or car payments, filing bankruptcy will stop the foreclosure or repossession actions.
- Credit card debt, medical debt and student loans: We help individuals use bankruptcy to discharge credit card and medical debt, to minimize student loan payments to and stop all interest charges.
- Bankruptcy and taxes: We work with individuals to discharge taxes older than three years, minimize other back taxes owed and interest and penalties after filing.
- Bankruptcy debt consolidation: Most debt consolidation companies are hoaxes designed to take money without actually providing any debt relief. Bankruptcy is the most effective way to find debt relief.
We know that this can be a stressful and frightening time, and we are here to provide the compassionate counsel that you need. Contact us online or call 706-993-3480 to schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer.